Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Not intended for the faint of palate....

Mother's day was great. I got cute presents, went to a great sacrament meeting, and then was selfish the rest of the day! I cooked all day and it was great. I put everything in to the meal that I liked. I didn't worry about who didn't like mushrooms, who like the veggies cut smaller, etc.... So here is how it went.


I got a box of veggies/fruits from bountiful baskets. I'll highlight the items I used for the bountiful baskets since people have been asking about them. I started by cutting up fresh rosemary, basil, marjoram, garlic, onion,  green pepper and red pepper.  While that was sauteing in some olive oil I infused with fresh herbs, I sliced the mushrooms.  



Then I added whole back olives which I love because they fill with sauce. YummY!
I threw in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.


Then I made big meatballs with fresh herbs and big chunks of garlic. I love garlic!

Then I made a fresh salad with lettuce, spinach and tomatoes.


Then I sliced up fresh honeydew and mango.

For the drink I had Simply Peach powder by Shelf Reliance. I added fresh squeezed lemons in it. It was so refreshing.



Here is the final result.


Last but not least I made a cream cheese lemon pound cake with fresh lemon zest glaze drizzled on it.


One fun part of the dinner was that we surprised Jeff (thanks to Lee and Jill!) With the dishes he grew up eating on. Pauleen got them in 1954 for her wedding to Jeff's dad. Jeff had good memories with the dishes. I spared you the picture of him crying:) We started reading the backs and they were made in England. Each dish has a different castle or manor from England. They even tell stories on the back. They are amazing.

After the little kids went to bed I watched some of my favorite hair bands form the 80's on Utube:) Jameson was slightly traumatized but Jeff and I had fun!

Happy Mother's day to me!


No comments: